Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Graduation!

 The day Keith graduated from Dental School ranks in the top 10 best days of our married life. It was so incredible and humbling to see 8 years of hard work pay off. Keith was beaming the entire day.

 
 We arrived early so we could get a spot so we had plenty of time to kill. I was pretty annoyed that we were up in the balcony. They didn't require tickets and some grads invited everyone they'd ever had contact with in their lives. I thought immediately family should have gotten first dibs on the good seats.
 Katie of course was able to come and so were Kirk and Joy. We left all the little ones (Annabelle, Clara, Melody and Serena) with a babysitter.


 Emmett. Normally he is a nearly perfect baby but he started fussing so bad once the ceremony started that I ended up nursing him in the middle of it. He then blew up the back of his outfit. Then he puked all over me and his next outfit. He spent the rest of the ceremony in the nude. 
As Keith was getting in line to go up on stage, Kenzie started jumping up and down telling me she had to go potty. I told her to hold it. It was clear she wasn't going to be able to do that. One of the other wives saw what was happening across the room and rushed to my rescue. She took Kenzie potty and they got back right as Keith's name was announced.
Look at that smile
 Getting "hooded"
 I learned during the ceremony that different doctorate degrees have different colors. His hood is violet for dental and red for U of L.
Waving at us as the grads made their exit. Kenzie called out "that's my daddy" and made everyone around us laugh.



Keith's parents were sad they couldn't make it. They offered to come out for graduation or to help us move. Because of work, they would only have been able to stay a couple of days if they came for graduation. I let Keith choose and he chose to have them come when we move. We were so happy to have his siblings there with us.
One of Keith's classmates, Derek. I had to include this picture because of Emmett's sweet smile.
One of Keith's favorite professors, Doctor Boyd.
 Family pic. Sorry Clara, we do love you.

 Some pre-ceremony pictures with his whole class.


 Love him!
 Kenz has told me she wants to be a dentist like her daddy.
 We hit Mark's feed store for some local BBQ after the graduation.
 The kids were SO good!

No comments:

Post a Comment