Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Emmett's Blessing



 Sweet baby Emmett on Graduation day, 7 weeks old.

 On May 12, 2013 Emmett was given a name and a blessing at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Keith gave a beautiful blessing. His brother Kirk, Bishop Robert Hill, Steve Larson, Tyler Madsen, Tanner Barratt, Andy Stucki and Brian Gosnell stood in the circle with him. 

We blessed both the girls in our parents homes with our immediate family. This time, we wanted to bless Emmett with our ward family but of course there was a little drama beforehand...Kirk and Joy's GPS didn't quite take them to the Church so they called about five minutes after the meeting started for directions. Luckily there was a lot of ward business. When they announced the blessing, Keith was in the hallway and the second counselor was searching for the microphone. I slowly got Emmett out of his seat and started walking with him towards the front (I had no idea what to do) when Keith came rushing in with Kirk. Talk about cutting it close, Keith said he definitely preferred doing it at home.
 Keith's mom sent his blessing outfit for me to use but it was so big I knew I couldn't alter it and still make it look nice. We ended up putting this white sleeper on him. Soft, comfortable, simple, it worked just fine.




His blessing day also happened to be Mother's Day. Keith tried to take a picture of me with the kids. This was the best we could get:
I love my kids and am so very grateful to be a mom!

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture with you kids...it's so real life. ;)

    ReplyDelete