Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Dental Awards Ceremony


 I have to brag for a minute. Keith is an excellent husband, father, student and Priesthood holder. He balanced everything so well and at the end of it all he had great grades, rocked his boards (he got a breakdown of his scores and seriously, he rocked them!) and he also received the American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology Award. Several awards were presented at the banquet and we had a good dinner at a table with some of Keith's classmates that we really like.We also left Emmett at home with Katie which was really fun. Keith even took me out on the dance floor. I think the last time we danced was at our wedding.
These bats were given to all the students at graduation. Keith also got a time capsule sheet back that he filled out at the beginning of Dental school. I thought it would be fun to record a few questions and answers here as Keith was dead on for a few:

"Pretend it's now May, 2013 and you're getting ready to leave the 'twilight zone.' How would you answer the following questions?"

Married? Then answer:
  I have 3 additional children. If more than zero, number of:  boys 1; girls 2
         (We both got what we wanted here)

I will do the following immediately after graduation: Go into military specifically, Air Force
               (This obviously didn't work our for us but we know there has to be a reason for it)

I was a class and or/student gov. officer: NO

The national champion in college basketball in 203 will be: Louisville
      (Had I not just had Emmett the week before, he would have been at that game)

In July, 2009, I owned a Chevy Impala

In May, 2013, I own a Chevy Impala
     (Boy are we glad this car held up all four years)

I owe the following amount in University parking fines: 0
   (not true, he had several fines:)

We are so grateful for our Dental school experience and the two children that joined our family during it! There was a budget sheet too that was hilarious I can't find. Let's just say Keith had some really low expectations for our monthly budget. There was only one point during freshman year we were really strapped for money and we made it through. It was always tight but we were so grateful to always be able to pay our bills on time. Those last two years, Keith was able to work at the school which brought in enough income to have a little fun money. I was blessed with a job at the preschool so Kenzie could attend and I could earn some extra cash as well.

 We have really seen the Lord's blessings in our lives and I know we will always cherish the "poor" period of our lives. Truly we never did feel poor because we were so rich with children, good friends and the Gospel in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment