Sunday, August 11, 2013

Strawberry Picking

We had to go to Huber Farms one last time before leaving Kentucky. I don't know what it is about the place, but I love everything about it. I think perhaps it reminds me of Green Bluff, the farm my mom would take us to in Spokane. I have really fond memories of picking strawberries for jam in the summer and pumpkins in the fall. 
Last year, we picked the most delicious strawberries and made several batches of jam that didn't last nearly long enough. This year, we picked a little box big enough to snack on and share with Randy and Joan. We also made sure to get some strawberry bread and fried chicken.


 The tractor ride is always a highlight for the girls

Leaving caused both Kenzie and I to ache for fall weather and pumpkin season. I'm thinking we're going to have to make a trip to Huber this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment