Sunday, August 11, 2013

Pool Time

At the end of every summer I realize that I have absolutely no pictures to document all the summer days we spent at the pool. Seriously, after packing bags full of suits, towels, sunscreen, snacks, lunch, water, toys, clothes, ect. if I managed to remember my camera, I was pretty awesome. Had I managed to actually take pictures with the camera, it would have made me superwoman. I am not superwoman. 
Two weeks or so before moving from Kentucky I vowed I would get photos at the pool. I'm convinced this task was only made possible because Keith was with me to keep the children from drowning.

 We brought Morgan along for the fun. The Robisons were there at the same time too. It's hard to go to the pool or do anything really at the Terraces without seeing someone from Church.

 The water was chilly but Clara didn't seem to mind. Unlike her big sister, Clara has little fear of the water. She loves to jump in, go under and kick her legs around. Kenzie has never liked the water. Last year, her swim teacher suggested the lessons were more traumatic than beneficial. She'll warm up to it someday I'm sure but for now she's content to chill on the pool steps and daintily splash around.
Pool memories: 
Me, Britt and Jessie hanging out my second summer with our first children, Blake, Geroge and Kenzie. They were all so tan and fun to take to the pool. We were also tan and loved the girl time. Life was bliss. Allie and Paige would join us when they could and we would envy their pre-baby bikini bods.

 That second summer, Brit and Jess still managed the pool with two kids in tow, the babies usually hung out in strollers. We had more friends to play with including Sarah, Veronica and non-Terraces peeps who wanted the free pool hook up. The Saxtons, Strongs and Madsens were regulars. I was also very pregnant with Clara and enjoyed the relief of the cool pool. I remember having really bad contractions one day and Stephanie begging me to call triage to make sure everything was ok.

The third summer, we spent time at the Paddocks pool with Sarah as well as Calypso Cove with the Barratt's.
 Kenzie tried swimming lessons but we pulled her out because she hated it so much.
 We had a great schedule in July of waking up, taking a walk, heading to the pool with lunch and staying until naptime. Life was bliss again!
One beautiful day when our husbands were home to watch the kids, Sarah and I went to the pool to relax. I spilled the beans that we were trying for another baby and swore her to secrecy. I didn't know I was pregnant yet.
Being in my first trimester, I was too nauseous in August to enjoy swimming and was too exhausted to haul two kids up to the pool.


No comments:

Post a Comment