Monday, October 7, 2013

Keith's 30!

I am a lame wife! Keith had his big 30th b-day and usually the party is the easy part and gifts are hard. It was the opposite this year. I knew he wanted a massage and he also needed a new CD deck for the car. I had those crossed off my list in July. When it came to planning something to do, I was lost. We don't really have friends so that left a family party with 3 little kids...this is where I should have gotten a babysitter. We ended up doing the stuff that had to be done: I spent an hour trying to figure out how the car dealership still hadn't managed to send in stuff to register our car and Keith got home late from work then had to turn around and set up his business account at the bank and send out e-mails. It was too hot out to go to the baseball game we wanted to.

I did manage to make him fresh tortillas so he could eat our homemade cafe-rio leftovers for lunch and picked up a pizza for dinner. Kenzie and I also brought home balloons because the girls have been dying to get them for him. 
At work, his co-workers brought him chocolate cake and I made him mud pie so we had that part covered. However, when I put the candles on his pie, I realized we didn't have anything to light them with so we scrambled for about 15  minutes until we found some matches from our neighbors. After lighting the matches, I couldn't find the camera. I think I was more disappointed with the day than Keith. He's a good sport about everything and really easy to please. 
In honor of turning 30, I wanted to record 30 things I love about Keith.

1. He is an excellent dad. The pictures speak for themselves:



2.He is an excellent husband.
3. He cares about others
4.He works hard to excel in all that he does
5. He strives to be the best dentist he can be, not for recognition but so that he can help people to the best of his ability
6. His smile lights up the room
7. He's easy to be around
8. He is drama free 
9. He is committed in his Church callings
10. He is very optimistic
11. He is humble
12. He is kind and doesn't speak ill of others
13. He trusts me with the finances
14. He's always willing to give me a back massage or let me take a nap
15. He cooks dinner when I don't and never complains
16. He cleans without me nagging
17. He is frugal
18. He'll hold the puke bowl when the kids are sick and cuddle with them
19. He invested 8 years of hard work and study after high school so he could support his family and allow me to stay at home with the children
20. He has a great sense of humor
21. He doesn't take life too seriously
22. He makes good, sound choices
23. He reigns in my temper and craziness
24. He's tender hearted
25. He is easy to please
26. He loves both of our extended families
27. He always does what I want to do and lets me plan his days off:)
28. He has worked for everything he has and doesn't expect life to hand him things
29. He always sees the good in others
 30. He is not afraid to be goofy



No comments:

Post a Comment