Saturday, February 23, 2013

First Pigtails...and haircut


At the beginning of January, I realized Clara's hair was probably long enough for some pigtails. She was really good for me while I did them and only complained a little after saying "ow, ow" and touching her head.

 About 2 weeks after I started putting pigtails in her hair, Mackenzie decided to give her a haircut. We had been looking at old photo albums that morning. When I turned around and saw that Kenzie's scissors had strayed from her paper to Clara's head, I rushed over but the damage had already been done. I asked Mackenzie why she did it and she said she wanted Clara to look like a baby still and her hair was getting too long to look like she did as a baby. I would try to post a picture of the cut but she took a chunk out in the middle of her head and it blends decently well. Here's a picture of Kenz at almost the exact age as Clara's pics above- 16 months old. Ok amount of hair on top but very little on the sides and back. You can see why she thought Clara needed a cut.
Here's Clara's pigtails post-cut. They're noticeably thinned out but still cute. So glad it wasn't worse!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment