Thursday, May 30, 2013

3 Weeks & Keith's Boards


The U of L offers two different clinical boards neither of which are ones that the State of Georgia accepts. This forced Keith to go to a different State to take them. He was originally set to take his boards in Chicago but about a month before the exam, they called and said for the first time they were full and they had rescheduled him for boards in Minneapolis which bumped his test up two weeks. At first we panicked because everything was already set in Chicago and his two patients were prepared to go with there with him. After a few days of deliberation, we decided to try to make Minnesota work. Keith's patients were great and agreed to go there instead. This meant we now had to buy 3 plane tickets, and pay for longer hotel stays and food. All worked out well and I know we won't miss that money in the long run.

 Keith bribed one of his patients with a trip to the Mall of America the day they left. He bought all the girls a souvenir there.

I was a basket case every time I thought of being by myself for 4 days with 3 children so soon after Emmett was born. I don't know what I was so worried about because I have the best friends in Kentucky! I dropped Keith off Friday morning and we spent most of that day out at the park where there were plenty of moms to help keep an eye on the girls. One of my best friends Sarah came and hung out with me most of Saturday. Sunday I decided to be brave (crazy) and take the kids to 9AM church. Emmett and I were up for the day at 6 anyways so I was able to shower and get ready before the girls were up. They did pretty good through Sacrament meeting then I got to drop them off for 2 hours while I nursed and soaked up spiritual and social interaction. That night was probably the hardest because we were home the rest of the afternoon, it was cold out and everyone was spending time with their families. Monday was spent at the park again and we were actually late picking Keith up from the airport that night because we were having too much fun:)





No comments:

Post a Comment