Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Utah: June 2012

I didn't know if I'd ever get around to blogging about our month in Utah but it was so wonderful and I just decided to pick a picture or two from some highlights of our trip. The reason we went was for Keith's internship with a dentist in Provo. The stars aligned and Keith's sister Katie has a house with a basement that became available for us at the right time. We had a blast staying with them and were so grateful for their hospitality.
We spent a lot of time upstairs hanging out with Katie and Brandon. Keith had awesome work hours 8-5 Monday-Thursday
One of the first things we did was the aquarium. Joan took me, Katie and the girls. It was the perfect size for little ones and Clara especially loved all of the creatures. At that time, fish were the most interesting animal to her so she had a blast.
 The girls and I were only in Utah for a few days before we took off for a week in Idaho. My parents came to Utah to pick Caleb up from EFY so after a breakfast with Grandma Anderson and the Becker's, they let us hitch a ride to Idaho Falls. We've never stayed at my parents without other cousins but the girls still had fun and we really enjoyed the weather and time alone with my parents and Caleb.
 After our short week in Idaho, I rented a car and met the family in Hobble Creek for a Shaw camping trip. We didn't get to see Kirk and Joy's family much because they were preparing to move so it was fun to have some time with them. We let the kids play in the creek and just relaxed.


 We hit up City Creek in downtown Salt Lake a couple of times. They have some fun shopping and a great kids play area inside.
 Rachel and Heath lived only a few minutes away from Keith's work so were able to see them several times. This picture is from a morning that Rachel and I took the kids to see dollar movies at the mall.
 We took the girls to a park somewhere in Provo to feed the ducks
This is what happens when the men are left in charge while the women go out. Poor kids don't get put to bed, they just end up falling asleep on the floor
 Clara and Annabelle played so well together! They also were at stages where they ate everything on their plates.
 Of course we spent some time at Keith's parents house. Kenzie went for a sleepover to give me a little break and we stayed for a weekend (or 2?). I was able to visit my old roommates again and Keith and I visited a couple of friends in the area while we were in Salt Lake.


 Keith's parents took us downtown to see the Conference Center, Temple and City Creek

 Clara and Annabelle liked their baths in the sink
 Rachel and I took the kids to Alpine to visit my Grandma for a day. It is so beautiful there! We enjoyed the splash park nearby and the company of my sweet Grandma Anderson.
 We celebrated Annabelle's first birthday before we left. It was a blast with all of the cousins together, lots of yummy food and a slip and slide that even the adults could appreciate.

Clara did well going down alone
Keith and I had fun trying to go down together
 One of our last days, we went to Uncle Dallas and Aunt Julie's for dessert. Poor Gideon has been the lone boy for 8 years. Not too much longer Gid!

 Thanks to all of our family for such a fun trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment