Thursday, January 10, 2013

Mackenzie Turns 4


Mackenzie was so excited for her birthday this year. She started planning it in June. I started planning a few days before:) I let her pick who she wanted again this year and she had a little longer list 
but we didn't think 6 was too much to handle.
If you're throwing a party, Keith is the man to have. He makes everything more fun and plays so well with kids. I had picked up wands for the girls to decorate and made swords out of cardboard for the boys to decorate. Keith thought it would be fun for the kids to go on a treasure hunt for them and it was.


Kenzie is in love with Parker. She always talks about him. They wanted to make silly faces for this picture.
 A few of the others wanted to join in

 
She wanted a picture with all of her presents


She had such a blast opening presents.
Dog pile on the birthday girl. I can't remember who started it
She requested a snow white birthday. I'm not really into big parties with all the cute details. I love when other people do it but I don't want to do it myself. Also we have a really small birthday budget. The one thing I can do on the cheap is make a birthday cake but being so tired and pregnant I couldn't bring myself to do it this year. We went with a red velvet cake from Costco and I put a dollar store figure of snow white on top. Forgive me Kenz! I'll make up for it next year maybe.
Winding down the party with some duck, duck, goose
 After the party she had to try on her new digs
Cute fact about Mackenzie, she's really not a materialistic child. She's very happy with what she has and doesn't demand or beg for things when we go to the store. When I asked her what she wanted for her birthday about a week before the big event, she said very thoughtfully,
 "Let's see...I have my tangled barbie, We just got food, what else do I need?" 
 Happy Birthday Mackenzie! We love you and are so grateful we could celebrate another year of your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment