Wednesday, February 26, 2014

January: A pic a day fail and a collection of short stories

 Once upon a time on Pinterest I saw a great idea to take a picture a day for a year. I wanted to do it and heaven knows I tried. And then life kicked in and I ended up feeling like a failure on the days where I got too busy to pull out the camera. I released myself from the assignment but I did end up with some cute pictures of our life indoors.


 Clara is a morning person, Kenzie...not so much
 Laundry. Because this is real life and this is what it looks like all day before I kick my butt in gear and manage to fold/hang it. Sorry for the wrinkly clothes Keith, my mom taught me better.

 9 months, he started pulling himself up.
 Apartments have great windows (not) and they don't stand a chance when temps fall to the teens.

 We finally got around to making gingerbread houses. Because I waited until January, I got a huge tub of pre-made gingerbread dough for $.90 at Target. It was delicious, easy and my kids didn't feel cheated. Special shout out to all those kids Kenzie goes to preschool with that told her about gingerbread houses. You all make my life harder.
 This hug ended in tears seconds later

 Her smile is seriously the best.
 Cool story here, sometime in December I turned on my kindle (with special offers) and saw an ad for the new Honda Odyssey. Because we own a Honda Odyssey, I wanted to check out the new features. Somewhere on that page I entered a contest for an amazon gift card because they already had my info and it took two seconds. Fast forward several weeks later and I get a spammy sounding call from a woman in Seattle who works for Amazon and tells me I won the contest. Because I have mom brain, I tell her I don't believe her and she sends me all the info with a link to the site. Turns out, contest was legit and the memory of entering thankfully came back to me. I was stoked and we're currently debating over what to do with the money.
 One Satuday, I was bored. Keith was playing a computer game, the kids were fighting and my chores were done (or being put off...who really cares anymore). Kenzie had been pretty set on earrings for her 5th bday and then chickened out. Earlier in the week, I kept thinking how cute Clara would be with earrings and decided to throw the idea out to Mackenzie. She surprised me by saying she wanted to get her ears pierced and told me she wouldn't be scared. Keith, being the good husband he is, went along with us and even took pictures.
 Kenz was a pro. No tears were shed and she's been pretty happy with her choice.
 Clara on the other hand felt betrayed and annoyed. The sucker distracted her but only for a moment...

 She has since forgiven us and loves when people notice her earrings.
 Emmett is just getting so big and fun. He giggles, cries, squeals, screams, wakes up at night and loves his mom and dad equally. He adds a lot to our family and we're so happy to have him. Also, he doesn't believe in wearing pants.
 
Clara doesn't believe in clothing at all. For those judging the diaper, judge away, I'll let you come clean the pee off the floor every time we try to introduce underwear. Whoever heard of a kid that will poo on the potty but not consistently pee?

1 comment:

  1. Clothing is optional at our house too. Avery my 3 year old, runs around in her underwear most days or a swimsuit (even in the winter). And the girls are always taking Eli's pants off because they love his chubby thighs.

    Our windows have not gotten that bad but there was constantly a puddle of water on our window seal. Who ever thought that single pane windows was a good idea!?

    I don't judge the diaper. I'm right there with ya. Until they will go in the potty, I'd rather change diapers than clean up the mess on the carpet.

    I'm trying to take a picture every day this year too. It's a lot of work and puts a lot of added stress on me. But so far, I haven't missed a day. Some days the pictures are lousy, oh well.

    I just love that you have two girls and then a boy. Your children are all adorable! It would be fun if we still lived by each other.

    ReplyDelete